Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Be My Fantasy by Alisha Rai [Review]

Be My Fantasy by Alisha Rai
Be My Fantasy (Fantasy #1) by Alisha Rai
Format: ebook
Source: purchased
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: May 10, 2016

Fantasy
1. Be My Fantasy - Kindle
2. Stay My Fantasy

Alisha Rai
Website | Twitter | Facebook | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
When she was bad, she was better.

Elizabeth Harding, the perfect, polished daughter of politicians, plays by all the rules. Or so it seems. Tired of a lifetime of denying her passionate nature, she’s created an alter ego. As Tess, Elizabeth is able to safely and secretly indulge all of her wild fantasies—even if that fantasy is financing a private club of pleasure.

Driven and ambitious, Luca Santos has clawed his way from rags to riches. His boss’s daughter has tempted him for what seems like forever, but he’s known that the pampered princess probably wouldn’t be down with his dirty ways. Elizabeth is sweet, innocent, demure…so what’s she doing sneaking around a place that revels in sexual abandon?

One night. So many ways to ruin a person.
Thoughts on Be My Fantasy: Oh, my. Is it hot in here or IS IT THIS BOOK? *fans self* No lie, this book is smokin'. IT IS GLORIOUS. My only complaint is that now I have to wait for the next installment. Elizabeth and Luca deserve to get it on a few more times (and find some serious Happily Ever After, man). Also, I'm impatient and want to see how things play out.

If I put aside the steamy scenes (which were outstanding), I think the scene where Elizabeth confronts Luca to clear up the misconceptions that sprung up between them was my favorite. That she would so matter-of-factly tell him what had happened without any expectation he'd accept her explanation made me sit up and do a fist pump. She saw something that needed to be done and did it. I admire that in a heroine. There was no artifice. No wheedling to try to get something out of him. Just "this is what happened. Deal with it or don't."

Taking a cue from Elizabeth, I'm not going to pull my punches. I want book 2. This book only whetted my appetite for more of their story and I can't wait to see how their romance plays out.

No comments:

Post a Comment