Saturday, August 19, 2017

Bout of Books 20 Starting Line

 Bout of Books 20
Bout of Books 20 is here! Check out the Bout of Books blog to see the ins and outs of what to expect from this read-a-thon. Reminders for the daily challenges (if you wish to participate), Twitter chats, etc will be posted to keep you in the loop. Now, let's get our read on!

Time Devoted to Reading
I will be dedicating the entire week to reading.

My Goals
  • Read
  • Have fun!
  • Don't stress
Books to Read
  • Review requests:
    • Can't Let Go by Gena Showalter - READ
    • Winter's Fury by C.E. Martin - READ
    • How to Save an Undead Life by Hailey Edwards - READ & REVIEWED
  • Random reads
    • After We Fall by Melanie Harlow - READ & REVIEWED
    • Hate to Want You by Alisha Rai - READ & REVIEWED
    • Rocky Mountain Freedom by Vivian Arend - READ & REVIEWED
    • Dragon Actually by G.A. Aiken - READ & REVIEWED
    • Chains and Flames by G.A. Aiken - READ & REVIEWED
    • A Tale of Two Dragons by G.A. Aiken - READ & REVIEWED
    • The Phoenix Warrior by Ella Drake - READ & REVIEWED
    • Steadfast by Sarina Bowen - READ & REVIEWED
    • The Harder You Fall by Gena Showalter - READ & REVIEWED
    • Wisteria Witches by Angela Pepper - READ & REVIEWED
  • Rereads
    • Lover Avenged by J.R. Ward - READ, NO REVIEW
    • Lover Mine by J.R. Ward
Updates

8/21
Number of books I’ve read today: 3
Total number of books I’ve read: 3
Books read: How to Save an Undead Life, Dragon Actually, After We Fall
Today #insixwords: Day one is in the bag!
Things I learned on Twitter: I ALWAYS forget just how crazy fast those chats move until I'm in the middle of one. HOO-BOY! SO MANY TWEETS! *thumbs up all around*
Final Tally: One almost-broken necromancer, one family of surly dragons, one wounded man

8/22
Number of books I’ve read today: 2
Total number of books I’ve read: 5
Books read: Chains and Flames, A Tale of Two Dragons
Today #insixwords: There's a whole lotta dragons here!
Things I learned on Twitter: Today was a non-social media day for the most part. Sometimes you need those.
Final Tally: One lusty couple and one royal betrayal

8/23
Number of books I’ve read today: 2
Total number of books I’ve read: 7
Books read: Steadfast, Lover Avenged
Today #insixwords: I got my vamp on, yo!
Things I learned on Twitter: I had a book release today, so I was doing the promo thing mostly. And reading. Rehv's book clocks in at a hefty 600+ pages of SEX-AY, you know.
Final Tally: One determined ex-con, one sex-ay vampire

8/24
Number of books I’ve read today: 2
Total number of books I’ve read: 9
Books read: The Harder You Fall, The Phoenix Warrior
Today #insixwords: Another glorious day of book reading!
Things I learned on Twitter: I related the tale of how my son randomly called me from college to ask about how to use the coffee maker. And how often you have to change coffee filters. WTF, son? You change the filter every time.
Final Tally: One lovelorn couple and one fiery warrior

8/25
Number of books I’ve read today: 1
Total number of books I’ve read: 10
Books read: Wisteria Witches
Today #insixwords: I'm so tired six words is beyond me. Seriously. That was, like, eight or something.
Things I learned on Twitter: Shhhh. Sleeping.
Final Tally: A decidedly off-beat single mom

8/26
Number of books I’ve read today: 1
Total number of books I’ve read: 11
Books read: Rocky Mountain Freedom
Today #insixwords: Barbecue, books, stifling heat, and kidlings.
Things I learned on Twitter: CHAT! Those are always so fun.
Final Tally: One adventurous trio

8/27
Number of books I’ve read today: 3
Total number of books I’ve read: 14
Books read: Winters Fury, Hate to Want You, Can't Let Go
Today #insixwords: Oh, man. The end is nigh!
Things I learned on Twitter: I wasn't on social media in general too much today. Mostly because I was working on getting caught up on my backlog of pending reviews between books. I have 4 reviews left outstanding, so that's not TERRIBLE, but...I can do better next time. NEXT TIME.
Final Tally: One all-powerful woman, one second chance romance, a wounded hero deserving of love

Final Thoughts: As always, spending a solid week with people who love books and reading as much as I do is INCREDIBLY uplifting. THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO PARTICIPATED! You made this week a blast!

12 comments:

  1. wow, 3 books already! you are up to a great beginning. I guess you don't need any encouragement, but I'm just trying to do my expert job, lol. Emma @ Words And Peace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you're doing fabulous doing this read-a-thon. Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the way you've done your updates! You're getting through those books! Hope you're enjoying them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I've been using this format for...err, several Bout of Books (like, more than ten? Maybe?) and it's the one that works best for me. Plus, I get to be snarky in my updates and I'm all about the snark.

      Delete
  4. Wow how nice!! You are definitely a reading machine so far this week

    ReplyDelete
  5. 7 books already! Wow! I like all the dragon titles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have several more sitting on my Kindle, too. DRAGONS!

      Delete
  6. Your completion stats are amazing! I'm so jealous. Happy Bout of Books!

    ReplyDelete