Saturday, May 13, 2017

Spotlight on... Year of the Scorpio by Stacy Gail

Oh, man. This series. THIS SERIES. It's dark and bloody and heartbreaking and tough to read at times. It's also worth it. SO WORTH IT. Polo and Dash...holy bananas, they're hot together. Smokin' hot. And incredibly well-matched. They're both deadly when roused and they love with all their hearts.

It's magnificent.

 Year of the Scorpio Part One by Stacy Gail
Year of the Scorpio: Part One
They call me Dash.

Sixteen years ago my brother and I were kidnapped. The Scorpeones believed our father, boss of the Vitaliev Bratva, could be pressured into relinquishing his hold on Chicago’s underworld.

They were dead wrong.

Ultimately the Scorpeones made the youngest of their family pay for their sins. I tried not to care. Marco Polo Scorpeone, the hostage whose life was forfeit if his family moved on the Vitalievs, was the enemy. Why should I care if he was tortured worse than a prisoner of war?

Except I did care.

For sixteen years I’ve cared, more than I can say.


They call me Scorpio.

There was no light in my world. Then I saw Dash smile.

No voice could pierce my darkness. Then I heard Dash speak.

I’ve killed to survive. Killed to please my handler. Hell, I’ve killed to please myself. Killing is what I do.

I know I’m not good enough for Dash, but it doesn’t matter. What matters is that she’s mine, from now until the end of time. But that time might be nearer than I think, because someone deadlier than me is closing in…

 Year of the Scorpio Part Two by Stacy Gail
Year of the Scorpio: Part Two
My name is Dash.

The Vitaliev Bratva had always been a part of my life, but I was never a part of it. My father built it from the ground up, and while he never hid what the family business was, he never wanted my life to be tainted by it.

But my father forgot one thing.

I’m also a Vitaliev.

Everything I hold dear has been targeted since my father’s death—my business, my friends, and the peaceful world I’ve built for myself. But it wasn’t until the love of my life, Polo Scorpeone, was struck down by a sniper’s bullet that I realized being a Vitaliev isn’t a curse. It’s a strength.

I will face my hidden enemy with the Vitaliev fire of old, and I’ll do it with the most powerful lethal weapon Chicago’s underworld has ever known by my side.

Come to find out, the legendary Scorpio is hard to kill.
Stacy Gail
Website | Twitter | Facebook | Amazon |

No comments:

Post a Comment